The EVA Awards deadline for nominations: April 30
Nominations: EVA Awards
1. The Long Haul Award recognizes a substantial contribution to the visual culture of Newfoundland and Labrador by a senior artist.
2. The Large Year Award* celebrates a visual artist who has enjoyed an exceptional year with much artistic growth, at least one exhibition and critical recognition.
3. The Kippy Goins Award -- so named for the small pieces of wood one throws on a fire to "keep it going" -- thanks an individual or organization whose efforts have helped to sustain and build the visual arts sector.
Award: original artwork
1. The deadline for nominations is: April30, 2007 at 5 p.m.
- Anyone can nominate for any or all of the awards listed.
- An individual can only nominate one name per award.
- A single nomination is enough for an artist to be considered.
- Artists may submit their own names for The Large Year Award*.
- All nominations must be accompanied by relevant support materials:
· a 1 page letter stating the reasons for the nomination
· the artist’s CV
· 10-20 images in JPEG format only (no slides or photographs will be accepted), OR 10-20 minutes of video on VHS tape or DVD for video art and real-time art documentation (1 minute of video equals 1 still image/JPEG). Original artwork will not be accepted.
Note: you may choose to include no more than three additional pieces of support material (press clippings, reviews, critical writing, catalogues, etc.).
- Winners will be selected by an awards jury comprised of three visual arts professions representing the provincial and the national perspectives. A shortlist of finalists will be announced in advance, and the winners will be announced at an awards gala in May 30, 2007 at The Rooms.
Send nominations to:
Visual Artists Newfoundland and Labrador (VANL-CARFAC)
59 Duckworth Street, 3rd Floor
St. John's, NL, Canada A1C 1E6
Nominations will be open to all permanent residents of Newfoundland and Labrador who have resided in the province for at least 12 months previous. Visual artists must be professionals as defined by the International Association of Art and adopted by the Canadian Artists’ Representation (CARFAC). Note: VANL Board members are not eligible for nominations.
*For The Large Year Award, the jury will be considering a Newfoundland & Labrador artist’s activities for the preceding calendar year, from January 1 to December 31.